Tuesday, November 21, 2006

So much negativity

Today he came home depressed, tired of working and in need of a break. He said he would like to race on the track to get things off his mind.

I waste my hours away, on silly games and achieving silly results. Truth be told, no one is a failure in this particular world. Everyone has something to be good in, to be lucky at, to be proud of. And perhaps it is the reason I keep coming back to it. In here, no one points out my faults or laughs at my inabilities, and I get random rewards for just being there.

Have been put off whipping up delicious meals for the longest time. The cleaner my kitchen is, the better. The less preparation work I have to put in for a dish, the likelier I will cook that, even if it is almost unpalatable. Think porridge, steamed vegetables and fish, noodles in chicken broth.

All I want to do these days is sleep in until noon, have lunch served to me, play a few rounds of silly games online, rummage the pantry for a teatime snack, take a long hot shower, and be taken out to dinner with no strings attached. Then, more sleep thereafter. Maybe I should come down with a bug for a week, else there seems to be no better reason for such pampering.


Finally, I am not pregnant, which makes this the most welcomed negative ever.

No comments: