Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just then

Since the time I've been told that my articles (first professional ones) have been approved and submitted for publishing, there's been a new found courage in me to write. Writing is something I never presumed that I did well, although some folks around me believed otherwise. I've always tried to avoid writing, whether paid or unpaid. The only writing I do is for the fun of keeping this blog, and even then, I'm probably quite uninteresting with it!

The same afternoon that the client rang me, I happily went out and got myself a new fiction. Three days later, I attempted to compose a few snippets of one of the more acute experiences I had. And a day after that, I found myself boldly applying for a freelance sub-editing position, with a rather miserable-looking resumé in attachment.


There comes a certain release with this change of tide, albeit small. I know my confidence will fluctuate, but I'm taking my chances.

No comments: