Monday, October 09, 2006

My newest find

I just picked up reading fiction, or at least, I decided to try starting on a book and actually finishing it. So it had to be something that I could follow, something with a relevant plot in a modern-day setting, and it had to make me eager to get back to it. My hour at Borders, of scouring the shelves, synopsis-reading and first-page testing, paid off.

Thus far at chapter three, the main characters have been introduced and placed in context. I love how Trollope links every mention of them through overlapping scenes. Edie, whom I absolutely have a connection with, is pining the absence of her youngest son who recently left home to live with his girlfriend. Barely a few paragraphs into the chapter, and it feels like I know her, deeply inside my bones.

I have a reckoning this
book will not only be an entertaining read, but a soul-searching journey for me as well.

No comments: